Friday, March 9, 2007

My Spidey Sense Is Tingling

Peter Parker and Steve Rogers walked in silence down the wooden pathway leading to Captain America’s hideout.

“I don’t care. How long has it been? Two years? You really must tell Mary Jane the truth. She at least deserves that,” Steve said.

“I’ve tried to. Man, she almost spotted my outfit a couple of times,” Peter chuckled. “But every time I’m about to, I freeze.”

“We’ve been close friends for a long time now. You owe it to me to tell her.”

Peter looked into Steve’s determined eyes and then gave in. “I’ll do it. I promise. I won’t let you down.”

They hugged and Peter left.

Two hours later and back at Peter’s apartment, Mary Jane sat in front of her make-up mirror. Peter entered the apartment and shut the door.

“Mary you here?”

“Yes, honey. I’m in the bathroom getting ready for my television show.”

Peter opened his backpack and entered the bathroom “Honey I want to have a serious conversation.”

“What is it?” she asked.

He tossed the red and black uniform on the makeup counter. She lifted it up and stared at him.

“What is this supposed to mean?”

“I’ve been living a lie since the time we met,” he started.

“You’re Spiderman?”

“Yes but what I wanted to tell you is that I’m in love with a man.”

No comments: