Saturday, May 17, 2008

Update on writing

I've been doing a lot of writing lately. Most of it is in long hand, and I'm getting used to the whole process, because I've never really done it like this. So I'm getting the whole story down pat first, which is a different tactic. I've been flushing out characters and adding new ones.

I've revamped most of the novel. The title The Truth Seeker is being changed to The Oath Breaker. I'm adding new characters: Denaton, Teveras, TonTon, Matilda, Towan, Quantas, Satilla, and several other minor characters.

That means Aveion's lengthy story is being streamlined. And that means I'm tearing down his story thread, streamlining it, and making it flow faster. I'm sacrificing character development for a faster pace. It should move fast and keep the reader interested. But it means lots of work. I'll be posting chapter samples as they come along, but I'm going to finish the story in long hand first.

No comments: